Welcome to the Central Index Developer Network!
Do you have a great idea for an app or website using local business data? Well, you have come to the right place. We want to help you get your idea off the ground. And we want you to help us build the most accurate database of local information in the world.
And who knows, maybe we can all profit along the way.
You can use our API to get rich data about local businesses in the following countries:
- Ireland (see an example here)
- UK (see an example here)
- South Africa (see an example here)
- Australia (see an example here)
You can get up and running with our free API key. Simply register and tell us a little about what you are planning to do.
Our self-service key will allow you to make up to 2,000 calls a day and up to 5 queries per second. We hope that will be enough for you to test-drive your idea.
Our data economy
If you want more data, you can simply pay us for it. That works, but there are other ways. How about giving us data instead of money? Or partnering with us?
Yeah! How does that work?
We are only just beginning our trip down this data exchange road. So for the time being there are two simple ways to earn Central Index Credits (CIC):
- Give us data corrections - If you or your users can correct data that is wrong, that has value for us. You give us corrected data, we give you CICs.
- Drive entity claims - If your application gets used by business owners and those business owners claim their Central Index entity (their Index card), that has value for us. You drive Index card claims, we give you CICs.
CICs can be turned into data access, or even into money!
Interested in partnering with us? Get in touch, tell us about your application and participate in the Central Index Data Economy.